Monday, July 2, 2012

9. Where Love Surpasses Everything


   In past weeks, I have sent the above video to multitudes of friends. Upon first viewing, I knew at that instance, this was given to me to be passed on to someone whom was in dire need of such a message; as that was the entire reasoning of why it was sent to me.  Although, it impacted everyone I had sent it to, no one held any direct relation to the story, nor did it seem to emotionally move anyone in the fashion I had presumed. 

The reason: Unfortunately for me, last week I doubled up on my school courses. Dreading the stress this would cause and how overwhelmed I would become, I did it anyway as I had a "gut instinct", as if was supposed to--a sense of urgency engulfed me.  One week in, participating in my discussions, I came in contact with a lady whose husband had a stroke 25 years ago.  To this day even, she continues to care for him including, feeding, bathing, dressing, and all other needs required when one is physically disabled. As I listened to her, I began to hear and see the exhaustion in voice; her weariness was growing, she was spent, as she has been serving him not only emotionally and mentally, but physically as well for 25 straight years--as he was unable to.

You could see a part of this women, just wanted to quit, but knew there were no other options; unless she were to put her husband in the care of a retirement hospital...but her love for him was too great to pass him over to anyone else. When I heard her story, this video flashed in my mind and the spark of passion which I had when I first viewed this video flooded my heart, as I realized this was the very woman whom I was supposed to pass this video on to.  A few days after sending, she contacted me displaying her immense appreciation. From this video, she was not only able to grow new inspiration and a new fire to help her proceed in serving her husband, but she was able to see the beauty and love of Christ in this story—furthering her faith in our Savior. She actually showed it to her husband as well!  

  ...I continue to see God's presence over our lives and although we are unable to see miracles or even  the creation of them before they take place, as long as we continue to keep pushing and doing what we know is right, and keep our faith on God, his blessings and miracles will be nothing less than amazing in our lives. “…For from him and through him and to him are all things.” 

-Romans 11:36     


No comments:

Post a Comment